Thursday 24 May 2012

A Tall Cool Drink: Lemon Iced Tea

Well, the sun is out with a fury, and that can only mean sunglasses, a good book, and a refreshing drink. Sipping something cool and fresh out of a tall glass while lounging in the sun, to me that epitomizes summer. I've been gradually working my way through War and Peace (hey, I have a lot of free time!) and flipping all those many, many pages can leave me feeling pretty parched... A quick rummage through the fridge this afternoon left me sadly disappointed. Not a tasty drink could be found! I decided I would just have to make my own.

This is my simple, eminently tweakable summer afternoon thirst-quencher...


Recipe:
Lemon Iced Tea
3 teabags
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup lemon juice

Pour two cups of boiling water over teabags in a pitcher and leave to steep for one hour. Remove the tea bags and add sugar and lemon juice. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and top up with four cups of cold water. Leave to chill in the fridge for an hour or so. Serve with slices of fresh lemon.

The amounts of lemon juice and sugar can be adjusted to suit personal tastes, just sample as you're mixing until it tastes perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment